Friday, June 24, 2011

June 20


Unfortunately this will be a truncated version, as I am exhausted (and nothing supercool happened).  Passed Charlie’s open guard (b y luck), Chris passed mine.
Techniques: submission finishes from leg lasso sweep.  1st: stepover armbar.  Switch your feet on the trapped arm, then step over his head after securing the arm.  Switch directions, you got it. 2nd :kimura from when you don’t trap the arm. The trick of this one was dragging the guys arm over his body by gripping beneath his arm with your right hand, then bringing your left hand through for the kimura grip.  A bit tricky, but it seems like a way to not muscle something I normally muscle.  Wish I wasn’t so tired.
Rolls: Ricky ( Blue Belt).  He broke my guard open, but then I swept him with that same sucker leg lasso sweep.  I need to stop going for baseball bat chokes til I know how to set them up, because I’m seriously wasting a lot of time on it.  Some okay back and forth, but I’m dissatisfied with how this roll went.  Should have been a little more ambitious.
Wylian (new Blue)  This kid is scary good.  He almost got me with the same choke mike put on me the other day, and I got out of it by passing his guard in desperation.  Need a better technical answer.  Passed his guard once or twice, but couldn’t do anything with it. Need a top game!
Jeff(blue):  I was pretty tired by this time, and Jeff handled me pretty good.  I finally started to rally just as time was called, but I didn’t do anything to noteworthy except horribly botch an anaconda attempt.  Oh well, get it next time.

Post class rolls Andy (brown) Always nice to get handled.  Andy moves so well, and thinks so far ahead of me its ridiculous.  He’s so good at funneling all my activity, so that I’m forced to play his game.  He let me pass his guard toward the end just to see what I’d do.  Answer: not too much.  As dismal as this entry sound, I actually had a great time tonight, and although I’m pretty tired and about to pass out, if I could do it again right now I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment